Bulgaria Holidays & Borovets-Area Events
"The holidays of the Bulgarians are like live coals carried through the years. Coals from the old fireplace of the ancestors, which can always flare up to warm the days of the next generations."
2009 Bulgarian Event Calendar
Any day is a great day to visit Bulgaria and Villa Stresov!
We offer this list of public Bulgarian holidays to assist you in your planning. Villa Stresov offers Special Package Rates that include a number of amenities to make your Borovets visit even more memorable.
- January 1 New Year's Day
- 1 March – Grandmother March Day
- 3 March – Liberation Day
- 16 April – Good Friday (Eastern Orthodox)
- 19 April – Easter Sunday (Eastern Orthodox)
- 20 April – Easter Monday (Eastern Orthodox)
- 1 May – Labour Day
- 6 May – Saint George's Day - Bulgarian Army Day
- 24 May – Day of the Slavic Alphabet and Culture
- 9-11 July – Annual Borovets Auto Racing Cup
- 6 September – Unification of Bulgaria
- 22 September – Independence Day
- 1 November – National Revival Day
- 24 December – Christmas Eve (Eastern Orthodox)
- 25 December – Christmas Day (Eastern Orthodox)
- 26 December – 2nd Day of Christmas (Eastern Orthodox)